You should now have done enough background research on your topic to be able to formulate a tentative research question for your project. In one sentence, what specific problem will your research investigate, or what specific question will your research attempt to answer?
Now, in no more than one page, explain why your proposed research question is a good one. In your explanation, please address the following questions:
- What is the problem your research question addresses?
- How is your research question analytical? What does it seek to analyze or explain?
- What makes your research question interesting and significant to the appropriate research community?
- In what way is your research question amenable to economic analysis? For example, what economic theory or theories seem applicable to you?
- What data sources might be used to examine your research question?