The purpose of this course is to introduce you to the tools of economic research. These tools include:
- How to develop a workable research question
- How to do a literature search in economics
- How to analyze an issue or problem using economic theory
- How to find and collect economic data
- How to use statistical analysis to test economic hypotheses
- How to write a paper in economics and how to present the paper orally.
These elements will be linked together through the completion of a semester long economic research project.