Let’s Get the Party Started

The exceptional amount of work and commitment shown by the presenters stands as one of the most daunting aspects of this course so far. These folks have not only become expert in their chosen topic but found a way to examine it in a brand new way. That takes frightening levels of time and effort to put together the products as they have. On that note, I’ve found the presentations to be especially insightful, not only because it’s a very interesting way to learn about these topics from fresh, economic perspective, but also because the presenters have all provided an interesting look at how they came to their topics and how other work helped them find their niche. It’s fascinating to see how these brilliant minds work.

For my part, I’m planning to take a look at small business and the government, specifically as to what, if any, effects can be found from government set-aside programs, and which have proven to be the most effective. As I served my last active-duty tour in defense acquisitions, I have a pretty good understanding as to how these programs work, and at least according to policy and anecdotes, what their effect can be – but I’m very interested to make a much more detail, economic appraisal of business-government relationship.

I’m excited to be a part of this class, and can’t wait for the weather to get out of our way to dig deeper.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.